Sunday, July 4, 2010

Normality

I decided to write a poem about how things were during my childhood, somewhat. This is what I ended up with. Hope you like it.

~~~

"Normality"

Far from popular, in my younger days, I remember always being alone.
Existing as nothing but a “freak” to most, not much kindness was ever shown.

Never quite knowing what else to do, I'd speak to my only friends...
Which, of course, were invisible to you.

Rescuing bugs from the hands of mean little boys was my duty.
In all things labeled "disgusting", I somehow seemed to find beauty.

I haven't changed much since then at all.
I don’t let the lies of others make me feel small.

I'm always going to remind my children, when they arrive, of how special they truly are.
Whenever they feel lonely at night, I hope they look up to the brightest star.

Unique and simply "you", please never fear to be.
When you have imagination, you're never really stuck in reality.

Now that I'm grown and have taken time to look back at my past,
I'm very glad that I let my true personality last.

The children that used to make fun of me are no longer doing so at this time.
It has taken them years to see that being different isn't a crime.

Being a "freak" has more good things about it than bad.
Don't allow people to ruin your life or make you sad.

Happy in being myself I choose to forever be,
Nothing can hold you back if you protect yourself from the sickness of "normality".

Copyright Casandra Camp 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment