Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ear Cuffs and Cookie Jars

I just purchased a beautiful piece of jewelry from COGnitivecreations at Etsy and thought I'd share it with you. It's a steampunk themed ear cuff, complete with tiny watch parts and metal stars. I love it! I should receive it in about a week or so if all goes well.





Also, I bought a cookie jar on Ebay today. It's identical to the one that my Grandmother Zola Wooden used to have. It was handed down to
her from my great-grandmother. It was very special to me.
However, not knowing that I loved the cookie jar so much, grandma gave it away to one of my other relatives a couple years ago. It was only recently that I found this one on-line for a little over $40.00 and decided to buy it. I'm glad I did, too. I'm going to re-paint it and show it to my grandmother. I think she'll be proud.
The cookie jar tells the story of Hansel and Gretel. When it used to be in grandma's house, I'd always go over and tell my younger cousins scary stories which included the original Hansel and Gretel fable, using the cookie jar as a visual for them. I never ceased to amaze them with my dark tales. They would want to hear my stories every time we were near the cookie jar! 



No comments:

Post a Comment