Saturday, August 14, 2010

Liar

I wrote this poem about people that I've dealt with all throughout my life... people that are liars. I didn't write it in their honor, either. More like in their "dishonor" of being dishonest...

~~~

"Liar"

Look at that little lie escaping from your lips.
You go around telling stories; your awful words making frequent trips.

Get your hand off my shoulder and get out of my way.
I can see straight through you and I know who you are today.

In your deceiving ways, oh, you think you're clever.
Falling for more tricks and empty promises is something I refuse to do forever.

Don't smile at me with that ugly mouth, from which spews nothing but poison and deception.
You want attention? Expressing disgust towards what you've become is my only exception.

I hear you banging and clawing at the door to my heart.
The key that once existed has now rusted; long ago did it fall apart.

Stop pretending to be someone you obviously never were before.
You may fool them, but I know what goes on in your mind and behind that closed door.

Go ahead and act without wisdom. Go ahead and step closer to your own demise.
I look at you and all I see is weakness; I can even see a hint of fear in your eyes.

Try as I may, try as I might, I have no more pity for your kind.
How can I pity people who go and make the eyes of their heart blind?

Like a child without any instruction, you run all around.
You'll be sorry when nobody comes to comfort you after you fall to the ground.

Do not come looking for me; I am yours to torture no more.
I've gone to where you cannot find me, somewhere that I can soar.

You're trapped by your own devices and you're consumed by your own hate.
I only hope that others can see the real you before it's too late.



Copyright Casandra Camp 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment