Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Open Door

"Open Door"

I open my eyes and look around.
I expose my soul and listen to its sound.

Everything is different now.
I don't know why, I don't even know how.

Sometimes it seems like I'm dreaming and that I'm not "me" at all.
I'm being careful not to stumble, I'm being careful not to fall.

So much confusion and frustration abound.
I take myself away from it all and in emptiness I surround.

The lights grow ever dim and the hands on the clock spin.
This life is so brutal, sometimes it seems that you can never win.

Time and effort; two things that will always devour the human race.
These things can be wasted simply by looking too intently at someone's face.

Deep feelings and true concern continue to ruin me.
The reasons behind what I do, people always fail to see.

Giving up and letting go is something that's always easier to do.
However, having faith and being wise is something that will pull you through.

I won't settle until I find what I'm looking for.
All I need now is the courage to free my spirit and open the door...



Copyright Casandra Camp 2010

1 comment:

  1. Hi Casandra,

    That is just wonderful. It felt real and full the whole way through. It pulled me in and wrapped around me. Lovely, truly lovely!

    Hugs, Euphoria

    PS: Love the song 'Missing' By Evanescence. I had to wait until the song was done before reading your poem.

    Thank you for one of the best experiences of my day. E

    ReplyDelete